IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and PTE (Pearson Test of English) both are English Language Proficiency test. It checks how well a person can converse in English. There are significant differences between the two. In this article, we have differentiated them on the basis of five crucial factors i.e. Acceptance, Frequency and Type, Score, Format, Results.
- Acceptance- IELTS is accepted in almost all the universities across Australia, UK, USA, and New Zealand, Canada and visa application and immigration to UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada.
- Frequency and Type-The dates of examination are fixed
IELTS Exam is of two types:
- General- This Exam is conducted twice in a month.
- Academic- Academic Exam is conducted 4 times in a month
- Score- Band score from 0-9, where 9 is highest
- Format- Paper-based, face-to-face speaking test
- Results- Result/ score is declared 3 days after the test
- Acceptance- PTE is accepted by the Australian Government for visa application and many institutions in UK, Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Ire-land
- Frequency and Type- Exam dates are flexible and available throughout the year
PTE exam is of three types:
- PTE Academic,
- PTE General
- PTE Young Learners
- Score- Score scale ranges from 10-90 points, where 90 is highest
- Format- It is a Computer-based assessment
- Results- Results are posted within 5 business days