IELTS General Tips: Reading and Writing, Listening, Speaking
- Each question in Listening and Reading carries one mark and the score is allocated according to the number of correct answers out of 40.
- The answers in the answer sheet for both Listening and Reading test may be written either in Upper or Lower case letters.
- You would be penalized if you exceed the number of words you need to use in Listening and Reading tasks. For instance, if an question demands you to write the answer using two words, you shouldn’t exceed the same. Writing ‘coat of leather’ for ‘leather coat’ would be marked incorrect for this question.
- Filling unnecessary information into fill in the blanks question would be marked incorrect. If the question says, in the ….. the response is morning. Writing ‘in the morning’ in the answer sheet would be marked incorrect.
- All the responses need correct spellings. Even if the response in correct, it is market wrong if the spelling has an error.
- Both US and UK spellings are accepted in the IELTS test
- A person needs to have a neutral accent but an American or UK accent also holds valid in the exam.
- Pronunciation holds 25% of assessment criteria in the IELTS English exam.
- Vocabulary is an important parameter in the writing module but it does not require a very competent level of Vocabulary usage. Usage of collocations or academic words would make the essay score on vocabulary.
IELTS Coaching in Delhi
Next World is the best IELTS coaching institute in Delhi. Next World is offering classroom coaching for IELTS & PTE in India at Connaught Place serving the economically well placed population of nearby areas. Our centrally located office at Barakhamba Road in Connaught Place is preferred by one and all for taking coaching in IELTS and PTE. We offer full fledged courses as well as crash courses. We provide online skype classes as well as classroom sessions as per your convenience.