You might come across a plethora of tips and tricks when it comes to IELTS but one might always claim “i know all those but they aren`t helping”. Well this isn`t true. Tips are meant to be helpful. Maybe you need different approach. In this blog I will discuss a few more strategies that are really going to make a difference.
- There are 5 types of writing tasks (advantage/disadvantage, agree/disagree, causes/effects, problems/solutions, discussion-negatives/ positives). Always focus on both sides of the question. Never take sides.
- Focus on four parameters on the basis of which checking is done viz. Task, structure, vocabulary and grammar.
- Appropriate style to right is mandatory i.e. use formal and informal language in formal and informal letters respectively.
- Focus on the task given in the heading. Follow all the clues you`re asked to cover.
- Keep in mind that the language and writing capabilities are assessed in writing section not the idea.
- Time management is very important because the first section is shorter than the last section, which is the lengthiest. You need to save yourself enough time.
- Save yourself some time to revisit your answers and check them.
- Always read the questions first and then read the text.
- Don`t leave any fill in the blanks unanswered even if you are not sure of the answer as there is no negative marking.
- Read the questions first and try to predict an answer in your mind. This will help you grab the answer from the recording easily.
- Don`t pay attention to spellings while you`re writing the answer, you can correct them later.
- Always try to maintain a pace with the audio because if you lose that then it is going to be very hard for you to catch up again.
- To avoid punctuation mistakes try to write answers of listening section in capital letters.
- Make sure to answwer all the questions of the examiner. Even if you don`t know about it, try to talk.
- Do not stop talking. Your fluency score will get higher and you can get a good score in your overall speaking.
- In Section 2, try to talk for atleast 2 minutes.
- Don`t go off the topic.
- Try to replace common words like beautiful and important with magnificent and cardinal respectively.
That`s it. Hope you do well. All the best for your exam.